Background

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kids' room project

I had been thinking for the past little while that I wanted to add a little something to the kids' room. They share a bedroom so I knew that it couldn't be too girly or boyish. It is also already quite a full and busy room so I didn't want to add too much. So, my plan was to paint several stripes of colour along the top of the room. However, when I got to the paint store, the lady there introduced me to these vinyl strips. I just had to cut them to the width I wanted, measure a few places around the room and stick them on. It was much easier, faster and less messy than painting. And the great thing is that they just peel off when you are tired of them and can be re-used again! They came in all kinds of colours and also in different shapes and patterns. I'm quite happy with the new look!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This looks great, Hilda! So it's like a wallpaper border, but vinyl... love it!