Background

Monday, July 20, 2009

Miracle!

The whole process of how life begins and develops and grows has always struck me as such an amazing miracle. Only God could orchestrate all the things that have to work together to make a perfect little baby. The fact that God designed that tiny little life to grow inside the body of a mother was an pretty cool idea (okay, maybe not the very ending part!) I always think that this is probably the one time in my life where I feel like I am helping God out with His miracle! We had our 18 week ultrasound today and I was again blown away the miracle of life. We were able to see very clearly our new little baby moving around and kicking his/her arms and legs around. We could see the features of the face, the fingers and toes and all the parts of the spine. I still have a hard time believing that all that is inside me but there it was! What a gift! Here are a few of the pictures that they were able to print for us. You'll have to wait until December to meet the little person for real!
"For you created my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139: 13-14

They call this one the "alien face". I think it looks beautiful, but I'm a little biased!

An arm and a leg.

A good shot of one of the feet and toes!



3 comments:

The Bossert 5 said...

Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! Praise God for another one of His amazing miracles!!

Unknown said...

What a miracle indeed!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful sight, indeed! Congratulations again! Love that last pic of the perfect little foot! Can't wait to meet your little one in December :)