Background

Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Anniversary Surprise!

Kevin came home from work on Wednesday afternoon and said "Pack a bag for the night - we're goin' somewhere!" At first I didn't believe him but when he actually went and got Kendra out of bed I thought something was up. He said the kids were going to my sister's for the night and we were going somewhere, which of course, he wouldn't tell me where. After a little bit of a crazy packing and writing up some instructions for the kids we were off. (He did admit that maybe next time he should've given me a little more warning as packing for 2 kids requires a little more thought!!)

We began driving out towards Harrison and I thought that was where we were going. However, we turned north towards Hemlock ski resort and then I knew. We drove into the Sandpiper golf course and up to Rowena's Inn on the River. It is beautiful old house that has been converted into a small Victorian style Inn. There are only 5 rooms and it is absolutely gorgeous! We spent the next 24 hours relaxing by the pool, going for walks, reading on our balcony and just enjoying being together. It was a wonderful little surprise get away in celebration of our 6th wedding anniversay that we had on July 21st. I am blessed to have such a great guy for a husband!


"Rowena's Inn on the River". Our room was the middle 2 doors on the top.




What a view from our balcony!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous place! That is an awesome surprise... way to go Kevin!!!! I will have to keep that one in the back of my head for when we need a little getaway! Happy Anniversary too... 6 years went by fast, eh?!