Background

Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

This weekend we put up our Christmas tree and the rest of our decorations to make our home look a little festive. Kendra was beyond excited and just kept running back and forth between me setting up the tree and Kevin setting up the winter village. After a few hours, the house looked quite nice, with lots of white lights, a decorated tree and a few snowmen here and there! 24 more days till Christmas!!

When Owen woke up from his nap, he had to check everything out too! We'll see how long the ornaments actually stay on the tree this year!

Almost finished!

A little later, Kendra discovered that I had pulled out all the Christmas books too! That kept her busy for quite a while!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful!! We set up our tree last night. I like your ribbon! I have done that in past years, but this year I didn't have the right colour ribbon... Steve requested a silver and blue tree. But I managed to get a touch of red on there, too, and the other decorations around the house are red. My tree needs a few more decorations, I think, so I might hit some clearance sales after Christmas to have the decorations on hand for next year. The trick is to get them before you pack up your decorations, so they all end up in the Christmas tubs! (that sounds pretty organized for me, eh?!!! But my Christmas tubs are all navy blue, and they all go in a separate closet in the basement along with the tree box... oh yes, I have the potential, it's just the day to day tasks where I am lacking :)

deWoldeDaily said...

Thanks Sarah! I would love to see a picture of your tree too - I love looking at different trees. Almost all our decorations are ones that I had made as a kid, or for our kids and now Kendra has a few on there that she has made. And there are a few that we have bought on our trips. always kinda fun reminiscing over those ones!!

Vivências & Experiências said...

Beautiful,parabens by the photos espaço.happy and holy Christmas.