Background

Friday, June 5, 2009

Roses

One of the first things we bought for our back yard 7 years ago was a small climbin rose bush. It was only about 2 feet high and we put a small trelis behind it to support it (which you can still see against the fence). Well, as you can see, it has grown a bit since then! Last summer it was growing out of control so this winter I took my pruning sheers and took about half the bush away. Most of the reading I did on climbing roses said that if you give it a good prune, you will likely not have any flowers that year, but more will come the next year. So, I was delighted this year, when I started seeing lots and lots of buds and with this hot weather, they grew very quickly into beautiful, red roses!! It still looks a little crazy (especially with the neighbor's large weeds behind it!) but I just love all the bright red colour it adds to the back yard!

2 comments:

The Bossert 5 said...

WOW! The flowers sure look great and so do the kids!! They obviously had a great time at the Spray Park!! Looking forward to seeing you in August!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous roses!!