Background

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kendra is 5!

In between Jocelyn's hospital visits, Kendra had a birthday! She turned 5 years old on Wednesday and was very excited about the whole thing! We had a family celebration on Sunday and for that one she requested a princess cake. I started it but half way through went to the hospital so my mom finished it. A joint effort that turned out pretty good I think!! (Except for the poor barbie doll that lost her feet because she was too tall for the cake!)
On Friday, Kendra then had her party with her friends. As most of the kids she plays with are boys, she figured a princess party might not work as well so we went with a dinosaur theme! A big hit!

They all had fun painting the dinosaur scene I drew for them.

Finally it was time for some outside time, some dinosaur games and just running around like 5 year olds like to do!!

3 comments:

Holly Brandsma said...

I love the barbie doll cake. I remember those from my years. I never had one though. Hmmm, maybe I should make a request this year to my husband:)

Sarah said...

Awesome cakes! That is one awesome dinosaur cake - good choice, Kendra!!! My mom made me a princess cake one year. I loved it!

The Bossert 5 said...

Have I told you lately how AWESOME you are!! Great job, Hilda!!!