Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Matching girls!

I love a good sale.  A few years ago, I found some material in the bargain bin at Fabricland and I thought it was very cute.  I had no idea what I would use it for but it was such a good price that I couldn't leave it there.  They were both end pieces so I didn't even really know how much I had of each.  Into the fabric tub it went!
Then, a few weeks ago I was cleaning out my fabric tub and I came across this material again.  I had also just seen a pattern for a girl's dress that I thought was very cute and looked very simple and easy to make.  A little cutting, a little sewing and 'voila', 2 spring / summer dresses for my girls!  I think they will look very cute on!  I would have liked to have taken a picture of the girls actually wearing them, but if you know my children at all, that was going to be more effort than it was worth!!  I'll have to wait until they actually are wearing them in warmer weather!!

The only thing that I would change would be to make the ribbon on the top out of the contrasting material.  Oh well - next time!!

4 comments:

Tara V said...

super cute!

Life with a Van said...

Love it! My mom used to make us matching things. I loved it. Great work!

Sarah said...

The dresses are awesome! Can't wait to see the follow-up photo of the girls wearing them!

Susan said...

beautiful!!! i love the contrasting fa brics! one day, when i have some time, i aspire to sew cute dresses just like you! (I have it easier because i only have one dress to make!)