Background

Friday, March 13, 2009

Another little project

Since my sewing machine was out from my quilting projects last week, I figured I would make some more use of it! A few years ago, Fanny's Fabrics went out of business and by the end they were almost giving away their fabric so I bought some pieces with the intention of making all kinds of cute outfits. However, it all sat in my sewing box and I kinda forgot about it. So, this week I resurrected my box and found that I had a dress pattern already cut out, just waiting to be pieced together. A couple of afternoons of my kids napping, and 'voila' - a new dress for Kendra! She usually does not like to try on clothes but for some reason she was quite excited to try on something that her mommy had made! I think it will make a cute Easter dress!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Well aren't you just Mrs. Talented!!! You did a great job - I have spent many a frustrated hour in front of my sewing machine over the years, and I have come to the conclusion that I should leave sewing to those that have a passion for it, and some talent!!

Unknown said...

Well done...talented indeed!

alexa said...

I found your blog through Sarah's. That is a beautiful dress!! Perfect for Easter. I just rediscovered my box of material and patterns, you may have just inspired me to make something for my girls.