Background

Monday, March 9, 2009

My latest project

I am quite excited about the completion of my latest project - a baby quilt for my friend Carole. As they didn't want to know what the gender of their baby was, I had to revert from the traditional colours of pink or blue. So, I found these colours in the quilt store and I quite love them! The outside and the back is made with a fabric called 'minky' (you often see it with the little raised polkadots in it) and it is just the softest material ever - perfect for a baby blanket. However, they no longer make this fabric so I will have to find something else to use on the next one! I thoroughly enjoyed making this as I have always loved quilts and have always kinda wanted to try it out. We'll see where this takes me next!! I hope you like it Carole, and I can't wait to see your new little miracle wrapped up in it!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Hilda! Is there nothing you can't do? I think I see a new home based buisness or selling your creativity in your local farmer's market in your future:)

Unknown said...

Adorable!! Very well done...is this your first quilt? Love it! The colors are great too!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Great colours!

Susan said...

ooh! the finished product! i love it!

The Bossert 5 said...

The baby has arrived (his name is Carrson) and so has this beautiful quilt from Auntie Hilda!!! The colours could not be better as they match the stroller, carseat and diaper bag!! AMAZING!!! Hilda, you are going to put Martha Stewart out or business!! Thanks dear friend! This quilt is a treasure!!!