Background

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thrift store shopping

I love to shop in Thrift stores. I'm not sure if it is the act of searching through the stores looking to find a new treasure or to find something at a great deal. Maybe a little of both - probably the Dutch coming out in me. I haven't had a chance to get to the local thrift stores much after Jocelyn's arrival - I'm not quite ready to brave those stores with 3 kids in tow! But with Kendra at her Wee College this morning and Jocelyn sleeping in her carseat, I thought I would give it a try again. Today it seemed like there were lots of great finds everywhere! Here are just a few things that I found!:

A "jungle gym" for Jocelyn. It looks as if it has never been used, although it didn't come with any toys. However, the other 2 kids helped me find a few things we could dangle from the loops. Jocelyn loved it!




One thing I love probably more than thrift store shopping is drinking tea. So, I couldn't resist leaving without this teapot/cream/sugar pot/mug set. I love it!


There were a few more clothing and toy treasures found for the kids too. A great morning at the Salvation Army store!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That tea pot set is a great find, for sure!
Ok, where has the time gone? Jocelyn's birth announcement is still on my piano and I see her cute little picture all the time... but I haven't gotten to meet her in person yet... I am baffled at how we can be a month and a half into 2010 already! I am going to email you right now to make a tea date!!

Tara V said...

I love the tea pot set! YAY