Background

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympics











After spending some time at Heineken House, we boarded the Sky Train and headed to Downtown Vancouver to check out some of the Olympic hype. The train ride, of course, was the highlite of the day for the kids! Our first stop was the waterfront to have a look at Canada place and the Olympic flame. The amount of people there was incredible! I We were glad that we had decided to put Jocelyn in the snugglie and not have to manouver a stroller around through the crowds! It was an absolutely beautiful day out so we just enjoyed walking around and taking in the scenery. I have never seen so much Canada clothing in my life! It actually looked pretty cool. Here are a few pictures of our day:










By late afternoon, the kids had had enough and we boarded the train again and headed for home. It was one of those things that we knew we would regret if we didn't at least check out a few Olympic sites. However, I have a feeling that the rest of the Olympics will be seen from our living room!

2 comments:

Holly Brandsma said...

I wish we could check it out too! Great shots especially the one of Owen sacked out. Too funny.

Sarah said...

Awesome! I think I have finally convinced Steve that we "need" to go down there!! So, either Wed. or Friday we will head down on skytrain and see how long we can handle the crowds!! I know it will be raining, but it's not like we aren't used to rain... and it might mean less crowds!!