Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

School stuff

Abbotsford Christian School - I love the school that my kids go to.  Maybe I'm a little biased as this was also the school that I was employed at for a few years.  However, now that I am  on the parent side of things, I realize just how important  a good school is.  I so appreciate the teachers that my kids have been blessed with.  I appreciate the friendships they are forming.  I appreciate the overall feel and vision of the school.  Each of my kids are encouraged to be the best they can be, they are challenged to be better learners, better friends, better followers of God.  Aside from the everyday things that my kids come home with, there are also so many great events that go on during the school year as well. 

Grandparents Day -  Kendra was SO excited for this day to finally come.  There was an added surprise when Grandma decided to surprise her by coming for a visit.  She had already sent her invitation  to Smithers, thinking that Grandma wouldn't be there.  So fun to have Oma & Opa and Grandma in her classroom!


Grandparent's Day was on a Thursday this year, and this was not a Kindergarten Day for Owen so he felt a little bummed out that he didn't get to have any visitors.  So, Grandma made sure that she spent some time in his classroom the next day!


African Festival Day - For the month of February, Kendra's Grade One class studied all things African.  For their wrap-up they had an African Festival.  They all had to dress in traditional African clothes, they did African games and crafts and had an  African feast at lunch time.  What a great way to celebrate their learning!







Jungle Day - For Owen, his theme study for the month of Februay was the Rainforest and Jungle.  They wrapped up their unit with a animal dress-up day.  Owen doesn't really get quite as excited about these sort of days as his older sister does but we did manage to convince him to dress up a little - he went as a black panther.  I think he looked pretty cute!!





No comments: